Artists-in-Residence programme of ERSTE Foundation, tranzit, Igor Zabel Association and Kontakt. Art Collection. /
The Artist in Residence Programme at MuseumsQuartier in Vienna (MQ AiR) is part of ERSTE Foundation’s long-termed endeavour to support contemporary art and to strengthen the situation of its creators, especially in the region of Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe. The MQ AIR program is realized together tranzit, Igor Zabel Association (IZA) and Kontakt Collection. Kontakt will collaborate with the Zagreb based WHW Akademija.
The residencies are designed for artists, curators and theoreticians from Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia and Croatia working in the field of contemporary art to do research in their respective area. The research character of the residence should make it possible to take a break from the everyday strenuous production pressure and find time to concentrate on a specific interest. The participants are given the opportunity to live and work for the period of two months in one of the MuseumsQuartier studios right in the heart of Vienna. The apartments offer both living and working space, but do not provide room for large-scale artistic works.
During the stay various meeting possibilities are offered to the participants. Each residence grants a monthly stipend of EUR 1.050,-.
Artists, curators or theoreticians from Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Slovak Republic and Slovenia are invited to take part in the open call – see below for all details.
The participants from Croatia will be selected through a closed call in collaboration with WHW Akademija/Zagreb.
Together with its long-time project partners from tranzit.cz, tranzit.hu, tranzit.ro, tranzit.sk, Igor Zabel Association and Kontakt Collection, ERSTE Foundation forms the jury to select the participants
CALL for APPLICATIONS 2020
Artists in Residence Programme at MuseumsQuartier in Vienna
Duration of stay: 2 months
Applications have to include the following two documents:
1.) Complete digital application form, including the following information:
• Your contact information
• Letter of intent explaining why you apply, what you expect from taking part in the course and why you think you are qualified for participation (max. 5000 characters)
• Brief informative curriculum vitae (max. 1 page)
2.) Portfolio (max. 10 MB)
Please download the application here
• Accepted candidates are required to use the residence in its full length during the following fixed periods:
for Slovak Republic: January – February 2020
for Slovenia: March – April 2020
for Romania: May – June 2020
for Croatia WHW Akademija: July – August 2020
for Hungary: September – October 2020
for Czech Republic: November – December 2020
• One participant from each country will be selected
• Applicants who have already received this residence in recent years or have previously participated in our Fellowships for Curators and Artists at Salzburg Summer Academy will not be given priority.
• Applicants have to hand in a written report after completion of the residence.
• The correct application form is required (please see above for download link), other application formats cannot be accepted. All documents must be sent as PDF.
Applications are accepted only in English and by e-mail until: 22.9.2019
Please send your application with subject "MQ AiR 2020" to: email@example.com
Selected participants will be notified latest until end of October 2019
For further questions, please contact Michaela Geboltsberger/ tranzit.at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo credit: (c) Eva Ellersdorfer-Meissnerová, Artist-in-Residence Studio